Thanks to SITS Girls for challenging me to share 10 Things I am thankful for. I am so grateful for each and everyday I have on this planet and all the things that cross my path. For today, I am going to share what I thankful for as it pertains to triathlon… hopefully you will find some humor in a few of them.
10 Triathlon Thank You Moments!
- THANK YOU to Fitness magazine for writing an article and providing a training plan for a sprint triathlon. Your colorful pictures, cute gear, and realistic training plan for all women has led me down a road in which my husband never hears me complain about the cost of his golf rounds anymore.
- THANK YOU for putting the dreadful swim first and the run last. As a runner, I spend the race waiting to get to the run.
- THANK YOU triathlon for the cute and stylish racing gear….. yeah, right. No matter how you design it, trisuits have to be just about the most unflattering outfit in my closet.
- THANK YOU for the police escort. I’ve been first in my age group in a race and last in a race. At least when you are last, the motorcycle cop is there to talk to you for the rest of the bike section.
- THANK YOU for energy gels and chlorine in pools which have made my dentist more money.
- THANK YOU to all the women doing triathlons! You keep me inspired!
- THANK YOU for Bodyglide! (No further details needed).
- THANK YOU to my two little girls, who motivate me and inspire me to be better everyday.
- THANK YOU to all the trimomma’s out there and to a good friend of mine that I get to go on long rides with, which gives us time to talk about mommyhood, training, life, and so much more!
- THANK YOU to my husband who does not do triathlons. I could not imagine what two of us in a house would be like.